Trac woes

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Feb 6 18:18:01 PST 2014

On Feb 6, 2014, at 17:45, Frank Schima <macsforever2000 at macports.org> wrote:

> I’m having lots of problems updating/creating Trac Pages. In one case, I’m trying to make major changes to the BadContent page - by sorting the lines and removing duplicates - so I can add a bunch of new entries. But I keep getting a “Trac Error” when I try to submit. Everything looks good in Preview however. Also I am trying to create a new HOWTO page about giving Finder write access to NTFS volumes using the ntfs-3g port. Every time I try to submit the new page, which looks good in Preview, I get the dreaded and unhelpful “Trac Error”. Any suggestions?

Is it possible your new how-to page contains something not allowed by the BadContent page? As I recall, the error message you get when you submit something that matches BadContent isn't very intuitive at all; it might just be “Trac Error”. There may be a few entries in BadContent that are too broad.

I'm not sure why you would see an error when editing the BadContent page itself; I would think that page would have to be exempt from those checks. Have you tried a different browser?