Compiler Portgroup ...

Peter Danecek Peter.Danecek at bo.ingv.it
Mon Feb 10 06:09:22 PST 2014

Hi MacPorts Developers,
Hi Sean,

I am about to upgrade one of my ports which is using the "Fortran Recipe". Now, there is the "Compilers Portgroup" available and from what I understand I would serve to eliminate some code from that Portfile.

Unfortunately, I have no complete picture of how this port group is supposed to be used and miss some documentation, nothing found in Guide 5.9, introductory comment in the tcl file, no Recipe.

I also wonder if the Recipes "Providing compiler variants" and "Selecting a Fortran Compiler" should not be replaced/updated at this (some) point.

Thanks!
~petr