MacPorts has been accepted into GSoC 2014

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Fri Feb 28 07:15:33 PST 2014

Hi,

as you have probably noticed from the list traffic by now, MacPorts has been accepted into Google Summer of Code 2014 (10th anniversary edition!). Google will pay students to work for Open Source projects, which gives us the opportunity to get new features implemented. If you're a student in higher education or know somebody who is and would be interested in working with MacPorts this summer, take a look at our ideas page [1].

We're also looking for additional ideas and more mentors to help out with this year's batch of students, especially since I will be busy with my master's thesis during the first half of the program this year. If you have a little time every week during the summer and know your way around some of the base code or Portfile development you can help out.

I'd also like to ask all potential mentors to register in Google's GSoC management tool Google Melange [2].

[1] https://trac.macports.org/wiki/SummerOfCode
[2] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2014

--
Clemens Lang