reinplace instruction and automatic line feeds

Nicolas Pavillon nicos at macports.org
Sun Jan 5 08:34:10 PST 2014

On Jan6, 2014, at 1:03, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:

> The reinplace proc is just a front-end to sed(1), which is a
> line-oriented tool and thus the wrong choice for modifying binaries. So
> yes, I'd say you need to not run it on the binaries, one way or another.

All right, thanks for the info.

> Also, is this really something that has to be done to every kde4 port?
> And is it not being fixed upstream?

Good point. I think it had to at some point, when there was a conflict between the phonon module embedded in qt, and the independent one distributed by KDE.
However, it is pretty dated, and it’s probably worth the shot of testing if it can be suppressed. I’ll look into it.

Cheers,

Nicolas