Obsolete Ports for firefox-x11 and thunderbird-x11

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Thu Jan 9 10:12:41 PST 2014

On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 11:55:16AM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> The ports are for X11 versions of the software whereas the binaries
> you can download from Mozilla are Cocoa versions. So unless you have
> specific desire for X11 versions, I think you’re better off using
> Mozilla’s binaries.

Can somebody please go ahead and delete the ports already? We've already
spent more time discussing than deleting them would have taken. I'll do
it tonight if nobody else is faster.

As for updating the ports: If somebody has a working Portfile for newer
versions we can always re-add the ports. In their current state, the
ports are useless and doing more harm than good.

--
Clemens Lang