qemu on Mavericks?

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sun Jan 12 11:26:45 PST 2014

Hi Josh,

On 12 Jan 2014, at 19:47 , Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
> Well, it is going to be a lot slower than VirtualBox, as qemu is an
> emulator under these circumstances. Though there could also be issues
> with the USB support.
it’s an emulator, because it cannot make use of kvm...
>> P.S.: qemu likes to use kvm under Linux... Is this not supplied on MacOSX?
> Nope, that's a Linux kernel thing.
;-/

Well, I waited for ages, but OpenSUSE’s USB probing never came back. :(

When I booted using its rescue system and carried out lsusb I got this message:
—
$ lsusb
unable to initialize libusb: -99
—
Don’t know though whether this was due to the rescue system itself or due to a the qemu emulation.

Greets,
Marko