[115805] trunk/dports/python/py-enable

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sun Jan 12 14:49:50 PST 2014

Dear Ryan,

I'm adding the maintainer (Jonathan) to CC because he was the one
making the changes, I merely committed them (and this one slipped
through).

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 8:18 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2014, at 16:01, mojca at macports.org wrote:
>
>> +    variant pyqt4 conflicts pyside description "Qt backend using PyQt4" {
>> +        # Can use either py*-pyqt4 or py*-pyqt4-devel.
>> +        depends_lib-append  path:share/py${python.version}-sip/PyQt4:py${python.version}-pyqt4
>> +    }
>> +
>> +    variant pyside conflicts pyqt4 description "Qt backend using PySide" {
>> +        depends_lib-append  port:py${python.version}-pyside
>> +    }
>> +
>> +    default_variants        +pyqt4
>
> pyqt4 should only be a default variant if the user has not already selected the pyside variant. Otherwise:
>
> $ port info py27-enable +pyside
> Error: py-enable: Variant pyqt4 conflicts with pyside
> Error: Unable to open port: Error evaluating variants

Oh, I forgot about that, I'm sorry. It would probably ring a bell if
the variants had the same name (like +python26 and +python27). It took
me a while to figure out what you meant with this email, but I assume
that you wanted to say that "default_variants +pyqt4" should be
replaced by:

if {![variant_isset pyside] && ![variant_isset pyqt4]} {
    default_variants +pyqt4
}

Mojca