qemu on Mavericks?

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Mon Jan 13 10:33:43 PST 2014

On 13 Jan 2014, at 09:54 , Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
> You need -usb to activated USB support as it is not a default option. I
Oh, I wasn’t aware of that!
But well, this didn’t change anything with OpenSUSE 13.1…

> Yes, QEMU on Mac OS X is quite slow as it does not get any
> virtualization support.
… but well, the missing hardware virtualisation is enough reason to stop this endeavour.

> By the way, the VirtualBox binaries from
> upstream work just fine on Mavericks.
Well, I wanted to avoid using the upstream binaries, because I like to make sure that nothing stays behind on my system once I upgrade or remove the software. That’s why I like MacPorts. :-)
BUT, I guess, this is my only option left now. :-/