Any objections to removal of the carbon variant in py-wxpython-2.8?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Jan 16 02:48:35 PST 2014

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 5:27 PM, Eric Gallager wrote:
> I am still on 10.6 and still use the `+carbon` variant for
> py-wxpython-2.8...

There is also another option:
- make py-wxpython-2.8 +gtk default also on 10.6
- leave the option +carbon there: users are free to switch to Carbon,
but are left on their own regarding architecture mismatches (they need
to make sure that they compile certain ports with i386 support and
that they recompile from source if the package from the buildbot
doesn't match)

This basically boils down to about 2 working and up-to-date ports (two
other ports are broken and two don't care about architecture, I think)
and wouldn't make the situation any worse than it is now.

Would that option be more acceptable than removing support for +carbon?

Mojca