Deactivating the installed version before trying to install the update

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jan 19 21:37:55 PST 2014

On Jan 19, 2014, at 22:03, Adam Mercer wrote:

> In a port that I maintain there's a bug in the current version that
> causes the build to fail if the old version is active. I'm involved in
> the upstream project and we are working on resolving this but it's
> going to take a while to fix. In the meantime I am trying to add a
> check to the Portfile to see if a previous version of the port is
> active and deactivate it in the pre-configure stage.
>
> Looking through the FAQ I found the deavtivate hack:
>
> <http://trac.macports.org/wiki/PortfileRecipes#deactivatehack>

This situation does not call for the deactivate hack; rather, it calls for the conflicts_build portgroup. (The port would declare a build conflict with itself.)

Better yet, see if changing -I to -isystem fixes this; see #40656. If so, commit a local version of this fix to your port until MacPorts 2.3 is released.