[116220] trunk/dports/python

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Wed Jan 22 08:11:02 PST 2014

Those packages were blocking the removal of python24 subports that I maintain (e.g py-elementtree).

100% agree with removing at least the python24 modules like Sean said. Also, people are quite capable of pulling python24’s modules out of our repository after removal if they need them.

While Sean has a use for python24 itself, it has security problems and is not supported. I feel it also should get removed and used in a local repository if possible, but I’m perfectly content with doing just modules for now.

Realistically, most modules below python27 should get axed.