[116291] trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/debug-1.0.tcl

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Jan 24 09:04:16 PST 2014

On 2014-01-24 17:51, Sean Farley wrote:

> egall at gwmail.gwu.edu writes:
>
>> Just so it can remove it with the `+debug` variant that it adds, it looks
>> like...
>
> Eric is correct. In hindsight, I am now doubting adding
> -mtune=native. Maybe just the -O3 -Ofast etc.?

For a debug target, I would expect the contrary. Optimization may
reorder code, causing your debugger to jump in weird ways in your
high-level code when stepping. Also it will inline code when possible,
removing function calls and the corresponding symbols, so you can't
break on them anymore.

Rainer