[121592] trunk/dports/sysutils/bacula5/Portfile

Frank Schima mf2k at macports.org
Wed Jul 2 07:04:27 PDT 2014

Hi Ryan,

On Jul 1, 2014, at 10:18 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2014, at 12:29 PM, mf2k at macports.org wrote:
>
>> Revision
>> 121592
>> Author
>> mf2k at macports.org
>> Date
>> 2014-07-01 10:29:48 -0700 (Tue, 01 Jul 2014)
>> Log Message
>>
>> bacula5: Set and use realname.
>> Modified Paths
>>
>> 	• trunk/dports/sysutils/bacula5/Portfile
>
>> name                bacula5
>> +set realname        bacula
>
>> -master_sites        sourceforge:bacula
>> +master_sites        sourceforge:${realname}
>
> You should rewrite master_sites to avoid redirects (i.e. "sourceforge:project/bacula/bacula/${version}/"). See:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/AvoidRedirects

Done in r121618.

> -                    --sysconfdir=${prefix}/etc/${name} \
>> +                    --sysconfdir=${prefix}/etc/${realname} \
>
> Does this change where files are installed, or where files are looked for? If so, a revision increase is warranted. (And if not, then what does this setting do?)

This was a brand new port that I had added just a few minutes earlier. I really doubt anyone would have noticed it and tried to install it before I fixed this bug. In fact, the portindex probably did not even get updated yet. Plus the port did not even fetch until I fixed the master_sites. Also this change only affects the example config file. Most people using this port already have their config file in place.

Thank you for noticing!
Frank