odd problem with blacklisting compilers

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jul 16 14:32:41 PDT 2014

On Jul 16, 2014, at 10:21 AM, Mark Moll wrote:

> In the port fcl I have the following lines:
>
> 	PortGroup  compiler_blacklist_versions 1.0
> 	compiler.blacklist-append  gcc-4.0 *gcc-4.2
>
> Yet, the build bot for snow leopard insists on using llvm-gcc-4.2:
>
> https://build.macports.org/builders/buildports-snowleopard-x86_64/builds/27679/steps/compile/logs/stdio
>
> What’s going on?

It's using the clang compiler collection:

> DEBUG: Using compiler 'Xcode Clang'

However, the very old version of clang included in Xcode 3 could only compile C code; to compile C++ code, you had to use llvm-g++-4.2, so that's what MacPorts "clang" compiler collection does on that version of Xcode. If that won't work for you, blacklist those old versions of clang too by adding "{clang < 137}" to the blacklist.