MacPorts 2.3.0-rc1 now available for testing (WAS Re: Call for Testers: MacPorts Statistics)

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Wed Jul 16 15:19:08 PDT 2014

Hi,

> I needed to run
> ---
> sudo chmod -R o+r /opt/local/libexec/macports/lib/tcllib1.15
> ---
> to make stats submission work.
>

> Is the non-readability of /opt/local/libexec/macports/lib/tcllib1.15
> intentional, or is it a bug?

That certainly is a bug. The question is, how did it happen. Did you use
the installer? Did you run selfupdate?

I'm pretty sure we actually fixed the Makefiles to correctly set the
permissions after the beta, so unless you had that folder created during
beta when this was still broken, I don't think it could be caused by our
current build scripts.

But then again, maybe somebody should re-check. I'll see if I have some
time this weekend to do that.

--
Clemens Lang