Maintainers census

Frank Schima mf2k at macports.org
Tue Jul 22 10:33:55 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I was thinking of running a quick census of maintainers to help cull inactive port maintainers. My idea is to create a list of all maintainers. I started by listing all port maintainers (port info --maintainers all) to a text file and massaging it with some easy search and replaces to get one per line. Then I sort it and remove duplicates. I got 662 unique entries after removing nomaintainer, openmaintainer, and macports-mgr at lists.macosforge.org (from the Macports port). I would send an email to the list asking if they are NOT interested in maintaining their port(s). I will immediately remove emails that bounce and anyone who responds asking to be removed.

Any thoughts or suggestions? One issue is should I use To: or Bcc: for the list?

Thank you,
Frank