perl5.20

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jul 22 20:43:10 PDT 2014

On Jul 22, 2014, at 12:37 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> (and/or won't rev-upgrade just fix these when upgrading perl? if it doesn't, can we just make it fix them?)

rev-upgrade is a way for people to discover ports that are linked improperly that need to be fixed. rev-upgrade itself is not the fix. The fix is at minimum to increase the revision of the affected port.

If we relied on rev-upgrade to itself be the fix, we'd end up with users who run "sudo port install", which downloads and installs a binary from our server, which rev-upgrade then promptly realizes is broken, causing the source to be downloaded and built, which is a waste of time and bandwidth.