perl5.20

Eric Gallager egall at gwmail.gwu.edu
Wed Jul 23 08:25:37 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Daniel J. Luke <dluke at geeklair.net> wrote:

> On Jul 22, 2014, at 11:51 AM, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:
>  > - I'm unable to test 1000 ports.
>
> we should probably enhance `port test` to be more useful. With the perl
> modules (at least), they usually have test suites that we should be able to
> run to verify we're not breaking things - so changes to MacPorts perl could
> get some tests 'for free'

One enhancement for `port test` that I would like to see would be an option
to run the test phase automatically instead of having to explicitly call it
with `port test`: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/42731
Also test phase dependencies would be useful, especially if we are talking
about CPAN ports, because I know when using CPAN manually it would often
print a message about some dependencies only being needed for testing:
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/38208