Access to machines with old OS versions/architectures, like 10.4, 10.5, ... ppc

Eric Gallager egall at gwmail.gwu.edu
Thu Jun 5 08:23:52 PDT 2014

As far as access to old hardware goes, I have an old PowerPC iMac G3
running 10.3.9 sitting in my basement gathering dust (which is too old
to even build base, so I am not sure why I even mentioned it...), and
an old white plastic MacBook running 10.5/i386, which I do not think I
have installed MacPorts on (yet), but I probably could do so easily...
I am pretty sure that it does have Fink and TigerBrew on it though. I
suppose I could set it up as a server, but seeing as it is a laptop,
it would feel kind of weird to leave it just sitting there running all
the time...

The laptop I currently use (a 13" mid-2009 MacBook Pro running
10.6/x86_64) could also be considered "old", but there is no way that
I am letting other people ssh into my machine while I am also using it
myself. I suppose I can see what I can do about the other, older one
though...