[120643] trunk/dports/lang/eero-devel

Vincent vince at macports.org
Fri Jun 6 23:29:15 PDT 2014

Brandon,

> In classic Bourne shell, "$@" produces a single empty quoted string if there are no shell parameters. ${1+"$@"} means "expand "$@" if and only if $1 is set, even if it is set to an empty string". The Korn shell (specifically ksh93, IIRC) introduced the interpretation of "$@" that bash uses.

Thanks. I was not aware SH provided conditional substitutions. Even after 25 years of Unix, I’m still learning; that’s great!

> As the Korn shell is open source now, it would not surprise me if that replaced bash at some point, should Apple decide it needs a newer shell than a GPL2-ed bash. zsh also has a permissive license (although some contributed scripts are GPL; I haven't checked the version) and might also be an alternative.

ZSH would be fine. I have dreadful memories of trying to use KSH. But, as far as I am concerned, since I use SH-like shells only to write scripts, I would not really care.

73s from F5RCS!
Vincent