certsync: Please test patches on systems < 10.9

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Jun 10 10:28:58 PDT 2014

The new version builds and appears to work correctly on 10.6. But see
below regarding 10.5.

On 2014-6-6 09:08 , Clemens Lang wrote:
>> Leopard:
>>
>> certsync.m:162: warning: implicit declaration of function
>> ‘SecPolicyCreateBasicX509’
>
> I've provided an alternative implementation of the same behavior for systems
> without SecPolicyCreateBasicX509. The source of SecurityTool [1] was very
> helpful for this.

I now get this:

certsync.m: In function ‘ValidateSystemTrust’:
certsync.m:163: error: ‘SecPolicyCreateBasicX509’ undeclared (first use
in this function)
certsync.m:163: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
certsync.m:163: error: for each function it appears in.)
certsync.m:164: warning: implicit declaration of function
‘SecPolicyCreateBasicX509’
certsync.m:164: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
Command failed: /usr/bin/gcc-4.2  -Os  -mmacosx-version-min=10.4  -Wall
 certsync.m -o certsync  -L/opt/local/lib
-Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names  -arch i386  -framework Foundation
-framework Security -framework CoreServices

>> and Tiger:
>>
>> certsync.m:28:25: error: Availability.h: No such file or directory
>
> That would require a configure script to fix, but …

Note that Tiger does have AvailabilityMacros.h. Look at certsync's
compat.h. I don't see any reason you would actually need Availability.h.

- Josh