Open CASCADE Community Edition fetch type

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 06:24:56 PDT 2014

Open CASCADE Community Edition has both a git clone url (https://github.com/tpaviot/oce.git) and a tarball for download. I read in the port documentation that fetching with git url may cause non-reproducible builds, so downloaded the tarball (https://github.com/tpaviot/oce/archive/OCE-0.15.tar.gz) but it has the filename: "oce-OCE-0.15.tar.gz". I setup the Portfile as follows:

name              oce
version           0.15
master_sites    https://github.com/tpaviot/oce/archive/
distname        OCE-${version}
distfile        ${name}-OCE-${version}

Am I missing anything?

BTW, I'm following these instructions (https://github.com/tpaviot/oce/wiki/Build-%28Mac-OSX%29) for constructing the Portfile. Its interesting to note that the writer uses both macports and homebrew. Its been my understanding that is not an ideal situation and I'm attempting to replace the homebrew parts with a macports equivalent.

Open CASCADE is required to build FreeCAD, and since it is a software development platform for 3D surface and solid modeling I thought it deserved its own Portfile.

Mark