OCE X11/XQuartz dependency

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sun Jun 22 17:19:22 PDT 2014

On 23 Jun 2014, at 1:04am, Mark Brethen <mark.brethen at gmail.com> wrote:

> OCE depends on X11/XQuartz. What commands are needed to check if it has been installed?

Don’t. The OCE port should not use (by which I mean link against) any third party X11 libraries, but instead declare a dependency against the MacPorts ones (port:xorg-libX11) and make sure the port builds/links against these, as opposed to any others from Xquartz or otherwise. Note this is a separate issue as to what X11 version the user decides to use as their server, they are free to use whatever they want. This has no bearing on the libraries OCE should link against, which for consistency should always be the MP ones.

Chris