Checking for C++ runtime link mis-matches ?

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jun 23 10:50:11 PDT 2014

Hi,

Does MacPorts now check for linking c++ runtime mis-matches, i.e. when one library using one runtime, libc++ say, links against another using an incompatible runtime, libstdc++ ? I seem to recall an email discussion on this, but cannot find it or recall the details. Perhaps I made it up..

Anyway, I was wondering if there was a way of checking the binaries provided by a given port, in a port file, to scan for cases where dep libraries to be used by a given port, are linked against an incompatible runtime to the one the port is about to be built against, and thought if the above check was in place, maybe there was something from that I could use ?

cheers Chris