Mid-Term Report

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Jun 26 22:47:31 PDT 2014

On 2014-6-27 05:29 , Shashwat Pandey wrote:
> I am a Google Summer of Code 2014 student working on the 'Interactive
> Port Command' project for Macports. I have been working for about a
> month now and would like to show the progress i have made.

Sounds like good work for the most part. One note:

> # Added global flag '-N' for non-interactive invocations. Interactivity
> is the default behaviour.

This will break people's scripts. If users don't do anything different,
the behaviour should stay the same. I would provide a different
executable name for interactive use, but I guess a command line and/or
config option to make port(1) behave that way would be OK too.

- Josh