Scheduled downtime on Mar 11, 15-19 UTC

Peter Danecek Peter.Danecek at bo.ingv.it
Thu Mar 13 08:39:32 PDT 2014

Hi!

On 13 Mar 2014, at 13:12, Andrea D'Amore <and.damore at macports.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 11:36 PM, Shreeraj Karulkar <skarulkar at apple.com> wrote:
>> I just send myself an email from trac.macports.org and it took perhaps a few mins but not super late. Is there anywhere else I can look?

trac worked in the meantime already, but is dead again since this night (European time).

> Can you access the webserver on http://trac.macports.org at all?
> I cannot, also http://www.macosforge.org is giving a 500 error.

I see no problem with this here.

> http://www.macports.org works but takes about twenty seconds to
> provide an answer.

This is a thing I already reported yesterday (Europe again). I'd assume this affects only:

https://www.macports.org/index.php
https://www.macports.org/ports.php

Not sure about the real cause. But I'd speculate it's some timeout on the database backend which need to occur before the page is served. For `ports.php` this is quite obvious, for `index.php` I'd believe to remember there is a //no. of port count//, which is probably dynamically generated.

The current result of index.php gives:
[...]
There are currently **a lot of** ports in our tree, [...]
                    ^
There should be a no. right?

Cheers!
~petr