Where do I find a good example of a "tests" variant (which is really installing the tests on the system)?

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Thu Mar 20 16:21:25 PDT 2014

On 21 Mar 2014, at 00:14 , Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> I’m not aware of any ports that do that, or any tests that are designed to work that way.

OK, in just now I have made it work by simply chown'ing the port’s work directory and executing ctest by the logged in user.
That finally did the job.

(And yes, you are right, the tests wouldn’t work if one would install the tests someplace.
The test apps need to sit in the build directory in order to access additional files outside it.