[118041] trunk/dports/databases/mysql56

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Thu Mar 20 18:19:04 PDT 2014

On Mar 20, 2014, at 5:19 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

>> Some possible solutions were:
>> 1) Blacklist clang for 32-bit builds, in which case MacPorts would fallback to llvm-gcc42.
>>       Since llvm-gcc42 is not working on Mavericks (#42849), this did not seem like an optimal choice.
>
> That must be a new problem. I have llvm-gcc42 installed on Mavericks.

The problem may very well be new.
Two pertinent reports (#42899 and #42849) are both less than a week old.

I filled a bug report with MySQL (http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=72090).

>> 3) Set "configure.compiler gcc”
>
> But “gcc” *is* clang as of Xcode 5. If all versions of clang cause the crash, then this is not helping anything. And if this version of clang does not cause this crash, then blacklist older clang.

Of course, you are right.

Would it be best to wait until we have more information to decide which, if any, clang versions to blacklist?

-Marcus