KDE community seeks cooperation with MacPorts enthusiasts by inviting them to come to Randa (Switzerland) in August 2014

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Wed Mar 26 15:45:57 PDT 2014

Dear devs, maintainers, users,

I want to cite an invitation from Mario Fux from the KDE community posted on the KDE-MAC mailing list:

<cite>

Mario Fux wrote:

... I'm currently organizing the next edition of the Randa Meetings. The dates
are set: Saturday, 9th to Friday, 15th of August. But we're still setting
together the groups that come to Randa.

The main focus this year shall be KF5, more platforms and a KDE SDK. So we
definitely need some KDE/Mac people. Anybody here interested? Do you have
questions? Ideas?

Best regards,
Mario

http://www.randa-meetings.ch/
http://randa-meetings.ch/2014/02/19/randa-meetings-2014-the-date-is-set-please-register/

</cite>

---

In various discussion threads during the last weeks the KDE community expressed that they would welcome anyone willing to do some bridge-building between KDE on Linux and OSX/MacPorts! KDE is considering to also get a CI system based on OSX up and running which shall improve code quality notably.

In the past years there has been a lot of trouble porting KDE to MacPorts (which has luckily become much smoother lately) and it would be worthwhile to have more people active in this field.

This is especially true for the upcoming KF5 which needs a MacPorts-Qt5 - for which an experienced maintainer is necessary.

Anyone out there interested to improve the MacPorts’ contact to KDE on Linux?

Anyone willing to contribute and support the Randa meeting in summer?

I could imagine that the KDE guys would be interested in how MacPorts’ core team has set up MacPorts' buildbot infrastructure with respect to hard/software and its maintenance requirements.

Get in touch! :-)

Greets,
Marko