Unable to install after updating 'port' to trunk

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Thu May 8 12:08:51 PDT 2014

I just updated to the latest SVN trunk/base for 'port', and I can no
longer install ports.  I always get something like

{{{
% sudo port install othello
Error: Unable to execute port: unknown user id:
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_MacPorts_trunk_dports_games_othello/othello
}}}

or

{{{
% sudo port install hello
Error: Unable to execute port: couldn't open
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_MacPorts_trunk_dports_mail_hello/hello/work/.macports.hello.state":
permission denied
}}}

Everything was working just fine before this update.  Is this me?  If
so, any ideas?  If not, any ideas?  Thanks! - MLD