[120217] trunk/dports/graphics/tiff/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon May 19 16:01:11 PDT 2014

On May 19, 2014, at 17:54, Marko wrote:
> On 20 May 2014, at 00:30 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On May 19, 2014, at 13:50, mk at macports.org wrote:
>>> tiff: revbump needed
>> Why did it need a revbump?
>
> I had reoccurring tiff-rebuilds here and couldn’t figure out why it always got rebuilt on some VMs by rev-upgrade…
> Thus I concluded that some of tiff’s deps must have had changed which required a revbump for it.
> I guess I have acted too quickly and should have rather tried to figure out which port caused it… :-/

Yeah, it's good if commit messages can explain why a change is being made. Just saying that you're revbumping a port isn't informative; I'd like to be able to see e.g. which library had been updated thus requiring a rebuild.

We do currently have the problem that tiff links with XQuartz if present. I verified that's even the case for the Mavericks package we're distributing. So if you used to have XQuartz, then uninstalled it, or if you don't have XQuartz installed but got our tiff package from the buildbot which does, that could account for the problem. I've been trying to solve this problem, but tiff's build system is horrible and is not making it easy for me. Here's the ticket under which I'm working on this:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/43642