[127693] trunk/dports/science/cdo

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Nov 1 06:10:26 PDT 2014

On 2014-11-1 21:55 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> On Nov 1, 2014, at 1:38 AM, takeshi at macports.org wrote:
>>
>>  configure.cppflags-append   -I/usr/include/malloc \
>>                              -I${prefix}/include/udunits2
>
> It shouldn't be necessary to use -I/usr/include/malloc. If this is being done because of an error that malloc.h cannot be found, then the solution is to remove "#include <malloc.h>" anywhere it occurs; it is never needed on OS X.

It's only needed to get a malloc() declaration in pre-ANSI C, in fact.
Just removing it isn't always correct, it needs to be replaced with
stdlib.h in cases where that isn't already being included.

There is some allocator internals stuff in malloc.h which could
theoretically be used by some code (and in glibc sometimes some GNU
extensions like mcheck() which by their nature are not portable anyway).

- Josh