How identify and remove leftover files on buildbots?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Nov 3 06:50:24 PST 2014

On 2014-11-03 10:43, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> Error: org.macports.activate for port rkward returned: Image error:
> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/rkward/CITATION
> already exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate
> port rkward. Use 'port -f activate rkward' to force the activation.
>
> The file rkward/CITATION clearly belongs to the rkward port, but it is not
> registered as such, and the buildbot refuses to overwrite it. This is probably
> just the first file where the problem is encountered. RKWard installs files
> (utilizing "R CMD INSTALL") to exactly two directories under R.framework:
>
> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/rkward/
> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/rkwardtests/
>
> I do not know, whether all files in these directories are unregistered, or
> only some. But all files in these two directories clearly belong to the rkward
> port.

It seems like the port writes directly to the target location instead of
using the destroot directory. This usually happens if the port does not
respect the DESTDIR=... argument passed to 'make install'. To test and
debug this, make sure the destroot phase can be executed locally with
trace mode enabled:

  sudo port -t destroot <portname>

Rainer