Please start commit message with port name.

Andrea D'Amore and.damore at macports.org
Fri Nov 7 23:01:23 PST 2014

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 1:44 PM, petr <976F at ingv.it> wrote:
> I'd like to propose to start commit messages with the port name. This helps very much to read them for example in the Timeline.

It's already the case, I remember being pointed at this several years ago.

The rule of thumb is to start the commit line with the component, e.g.
"port gdal" for gdal and "base" for change in base. Also "maintainer
timeout" should be specified, I put the maintenance info at the end of
the message.

We could enforce this as an explicit rule, so we need a "rule" section
in guide and wiki.

> https://trac.macports.org/changeset/127794 -- Correct various bugs. Bump to revision 1.
> https://trac.macports.org/changeset/127795 -- Bump to version 2.1.4

I edited the properties of those two adding the port info, I left the
casing even though even I prefer all lowercase lines.

--
Andrea