How to specify commandline options to git for the fetch phase of a port?

William Gallafent william at gallaf.net
Wed Nov 12 07:35:33 PST 2014

On 12 November 2014 15:26, Daniel J. Luke <dluke at geeklair.net> wrote:

> > On Nov 12, 2014, at 5:45 AM, William Gallafent <william at gallaf.net>
> wrote:
> > According to https://guide.macports.org/#reference.phases.fetch.git I
> am able to set the url and tag to fetch … but for a particular port I'm
> playing with I also need to add the “--recursive” option in order to get
> the submodules in place. Alternatively, I would need to run “git submodule
> update --init --recursive” immediately after the fetch.
> >
> > Any thoughts or advice?
>
> First, be sure you actually need to use git to fetch the source (it's
> /much/ better to pull a tarball than to pull source from
> git/mercurial/svn/cvs/whatever).

Fair point! The only links given to source for this project are to git
repositories, unfortunately -
http://www.linphone.org/technical-corner/linphone/downloads … if there's a
location from which I may download source tarballs, then so much the
better, but I haven't found one yet!

There's a ticket open to update the linphone port already, incidentally,
but I decided not to hold my breath (that ticket has been open for 16
months …), and to update the port myself.

I'm not sure if there's a hook for you to pass in additional git args, but
> even if there isn't - it should be relatively trivial for youu to add a
> 'post-fetch' phase to do whatever you want to have happen right after the
> fetch.

[snip explanation]

That looks rather like just the ticket. Thanks for the pointers!

--
Bill Gallafent.