Recommendations for version numbers in port names

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sat Nov 15 14:22:22 PST 2014

Hi,

----- On 15 Nov, 2014, at 21:24, Joshua Root jmr at macports.org wrote:

>> If we did create authoritative validation service, would
>> portutil.tcl be a good location?
>
> Probably not, that would make it only accessible from portfile
> interpreter contexts.

Somewhere in macports1.0 would be a good place. But please don't add
it to macports.tcl anymore, but create a new file for it. We should
split up the stuff that's in macports.tcl and move it into separate
files – the file itself has become a huge monster.

You can alias it into the Portfile interpreter context like we do
for all the other functions, e.g. the registry related stuff.

--
Clemens Lang