[128212] trunk/dports/security/gpg-agent/Portfile

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Mon Nov 17 08:19:43 PST 2014

On 17.11.2014 11:14 am, Rainer Müller wrote:
> This will definitely break if someone already installed pinentry, but
> then gets a pre-compiled archive of gpg-agent from our buildbot which
> expects pinentry-mac.

Ok, that's a valid point.

> You should make this selectable with a variant +pinentry_mac, which then
> could be selected by default on the appropriate OS X versions.

Yeah, so the same logic but with a variant, preventing binary archives to be
fetched pinentry-mac is not selected. Sure thing, will do.

--

What this logic does is simulate a bin/lib:-style dependency with more
constraints. bin:pinentry:pinentry-mac probably does the same, if I'm not

The configure flag is merely hardcoding the path to pinentry as the default to
look for. Users can and SHOULD[RFC] always override this via
~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf to make sure they get what they want. It's not critical.

Mihai