[128279] trunk/dports

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Nov 20 01:22:27 PST 2014

On Nov 20, 2014, at 1:18 AM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> On Nov 20, 2014, at 1:46 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> This version of the patch now in the gcc5 @5-20140824 port is the one that is committed upstream, yes? I'm working on updating the port to the latest version, and the patch seems to be already included, so I plan to remove this patchfile when updating the port.
>
> I don't recall reporting the problem upstream, but it's possible that someone else did. Or maybe they've regenerated their configure scripts using the latest Libtool?
>
> Either way, please make sure that all the configure scripts touched by our patch are accounted for. GCC likes packaging other software in their distribution, and it would be unwise to assume that they took care of all of the bundled software. (Although if they did, so much the better.)

It looks like there are 20 patches in the patchfile, and they were all skipped:

$ tar xjf ~/macports/distfiles/gcc5/gcc-5-20141116.tar.bz2
$ cd gcc-5-20141116
$ patch -p0 < $(port dir gcc5)/files/yosemite-libtool.patch | tee out
patching file boehm-gc/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file boehm-gc/configure.rej
patching file gcc/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file gcc/configure.rej
patching file libatomic/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libatomic/configure.rej
patching file libbacktrace/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libbacktrace/configure.rej
patching file libcilkrts/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libcilkrts/configure.rej
patching file libffi/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libffi/configure.rej
patching file libgfortran/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libgfortran/configure.rej
patching file libgo/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libgo/configure.rej
patching file libgomp/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libgomp/configure.rej
patching file libitm/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libitm/configure.rej
patching file libjava/classpath/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libjava/classpath/configure.rej
patching file libjava/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libjava/configure.rej
patching file libobjc/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libobjc/configure.rej
patching file libquadmath/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libquadmath/configure.rej
patching file libsanitizer/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libsanitizer/configure.rej
patching file libssp/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libssp/configure.rej
patching file libstdc++-v3/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libstdc++-v3/configure.rej
patching file libvtv/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libvtv/configure.rej
patching file lto-plugin/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file lto-plugin/configure.rej
patching file zlib/configure
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file zlib/configure.rej

$ grep ^@@ $(port dir gcc5)/files/yosemite-libtool.patch | wc -l
      20
$ grep ^Skipping out | wc -l
      20