GitHub Portgroup

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 25 21:57:27 PST 2014

On Nov 25, 2014, at 7:05 PM, Sean Farley wrote:

> I have a port (julia) that extracts as "julia-0.3" which breaks the
> globbing done by the Portgroup: "${github.author}-${github.project}-*".
>
> Would it make sense to change this to "*${github.project}"? Or am I
> missing something?

The globbing is to accommodate the automatically-generated github tarballs, which all use the same naming scheme. If your tarball extracts to a different name, then you have set "github.tarball_from" to a non-default value and have thus received a developer-created tarball whose naming rules we cannot predict so you should set distname, distfiles and/or worksrcdir as you would in any other port.