[126096] trunk/dports/science/qucs/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Oct 3 14:47:54 PDT 2014

> On Oct 3, 2014, at 1:45 PM, rowue at macports.org wrote:
>
> Revision
> 126096
> Author
> rowue at macports.org
> Date
> 2014-10-03 11:45:17 -0700 (Fri, 03 Oct 2014)
> Log Message
>
> qucs: added freehdl variant
>
> since freehdl does not build on 10.9 (#43622) we add
> a variant feehdl which is included by default.

How about making the variant a default only on 10.8 and earlier, then?

> The use of freehdl can be disable by --freehdl

Variants are disabled by a single "-", not two.

> See #45225
>
> Modified Paths
>
> 	• trunk/dports/science/qucs/Portfile

> +variant freehdl description { Use freehdl } {
> +	depends_lib-append       port:freehdl
> +}

Only adding a dependency in a variant is seldom sufficient. You need to also add code to ensure that freehdl is *not* used if the freehdl variant is *not* selected, even if the freehdl port is already installed.