libxml2 issue on 10.10 beta

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Tue Oct 7 06:02:34 PDT 2014

Another test: Apple's libxml2 uses the ICU library, so I tried enabling
that in the MacPorts' libxml2. It's a simple change, and I can verify
that the linking is now equivalent to Apple's library's. But, this does
not fix the issue.  I'm wondering why MacPorts' libxml2 does not at
least have a variant for +icu?  That port has no dependencies, and
provides extra functionality to libxml2 ...

Anybody have further ideas for things I can test or try? - MLD