svn fetch multiple directories

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Tue Oct 14 04:21:59 PDT 2014

Hi,

----- On 14 Oct, 2014, at 08:39, Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org wrote:

> - One could fetch files from SVN, zip them, checksum the zip, store
> the zip as if the zip was fetched from elsewhere and just unzip that
> file during the repeated installation. Fetching from SVN doesn't mean
> that we cannot use checksums and other benefits.

That only holds true if zip doesn't have any side effects, like storing
the creation date or similar.

I'd rather propose to add a checksum using the method outlined in the
SPDX specification, version 1.2, section 4.7 [1] (which is basically a
hash of the concatenation of a sorted list of hashes of files in a
package).

[1] http://spdx.org/sites/spdx/files/spdx-1%202.pdf
--
Clemens Lang