CFPreferences warnings

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at macports.org
Thu Oct 16 08:30:05 PDT 2014

Hi:

I'm working on a new version of MythTV and building in a non-standard
prefix (/opt/dvr).  I'm getting hundreds of warning messages like the
following:

>2014-10-16 10:43:03.178 osacompile[23932:90b] CFPreferences: user
>home directory at file://localhost/opt/local/var/macports/home/ is
>unavailable. User domains will be volatile.

>2014-10-16 10:43:02.413 qmake[23922:903] CFPreferences: user home
>directory at file://localhost/opt/local/var/macports/home/ is
>unavailable. User domains will be volatile.

Note that there is no /op/local hierachy on this 'machine'; only
/opt/dvr.  This is an OS X 10.6.8 Server virtual machine under
Parallels Desktop with XCode 3.2.6.

So far, the build seems to have finished successully but I'm not at
the stage of testing functionality, yet.

I have no idea where these messages are coming from.  They reference
qmake and osacompile.  Are these harmless?  Have I missed a setting?
A few months ago, I built I built a copy of Myth in a similar
(non-standard) prefix and didn't experience these warnings.

Full build log attached for the terminally curious.  Messages start
at line 3426.

Craig