2.3.2

Eric Gallager egall at gwmail.gwu.edu
Fri Oct 17 11:29:25 PDT 2014

On 10/16/14, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2014, at 12:50 PM, Joshua Root wrote:
>>
>> So Yosemite is out today. Might as well tag a new release before I build
>> the pkg. Is there anything critical that needs to go onto the branch
>> first?
>
> Could we update the checks in configure.ac that test for outdated OS X and
> Xcode versions?
>
> For example, we should inform users of 10.9.4 and earlier that they should
> update.

Update from 10.9.4 to 10.9.5, or to 10.10? The former seems safe
enough, as the configure script has traditionally warned about updates
between minor versions, but the latter would be a shift in policy (at
least as far as the configure script goes), and would most likely be
controversial, at least judging by the "Why I Run Old System Software"
thread on macports-users (for which I am still working on my own
reply).