port ${name}

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 19:59:46 PDT 2014

On Oct 18, 2014, at 9:50 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Oct 18, 2014, at 9:35 PM, Mark Brethen wrote:
>
>> if {${name} eq ${subport}} {
>>   supported_archs noarch
>>   distfiles
>>   archive_sites
>>
>>   use_configure   no
>>
>>   build           {}
>>
>>   depends_build-append\
>>       port:reduce-common\
>>       port:reduce-csl\
>>       port:reduce-psl\
>>       port:reduce-addons
>
> These should be depends_run.
>
>> However an issue I've found is that if the install process is interrupted, a subsequent re-issue of 'port install reduce' will fail due to the fact that the subport that was interrupted isn't clean.
>
> What error occurs?

I had canceled the install to make changes, and reissued the port install command.

brethen-mbp:ports marbre$ sudo port install reduce
Password:
Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
--->  Computing dependencies for reduce
--->  Dependencies to be installed: reduce-csl reduce-psl
--->  Fetching archive for reduce-csl
--->  Attempting to fetch reduce-csl-20101217_0.darwin_13.x86_64.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/reduce-csl
--->  Attempting to fetch reduce-csl-20101217_0.darwin_13.x86_64.tbz2 from http://mse.uk.packages.macports.org/sites/packages.macports.org/reduce-csl
--->  Attempting to fetch reduce-csl-20101217_0.darwin_13.x86_64.tbz2 from http://lil.fr.packages.macports.org/reduce-csl
--->  Fetching distfiles for reduce-csl
Error: org.macports.fetch for port reduce-csl returned: Subversion check out failed
Error: Failed to install reduce-csl
Please see the log file for port reduce-csl for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_Users_marbre_ports_math_reduce/reduce-csl/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: reduce-csl reduce-psl
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port reduce failed

At this point I issued 'sudo port clean reduce-csl' and everything was ok, but should portfiles anticipate such an event?

Mark