[MacPorts] #45378: Quassel 0.11 native render for MBP Retina display with QT4

Christoph Erhardt sicherha at macports.org
Wed Oct 22 07:43:04 PDT 2014

Hi,

On 22/10/2014 16:09, Clemens Lang wrote:
>> I've forgot to tell in my previous post, the dependance to
>> qt4-mac-sqlite3-plugin is missing for the quassel port.
> Christoph, can you deal with that?
Done in r127183. Turns out the dependency was already there, only for
the wrong subport. :-)

>> Actually, It would be better to use QT5 which solves the render issue (as
>> recommended by the quassel dev team), but it is "conflicting" with QCA and
>> QCA-OSSL which are currently pointing to QT4 port.
> Yes, that's what upstream told me when I asked as well, but that probably
> won't happen until MacPorts allows side-by-side installation of Qt4 and Qt5.
I wholeheartedly agree that side-by-side installation of Qt 4 and Qt 5
would be an very nice thing to have.
For reference, the progress on this is tracked in
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/44193.

Cheers,
Christoph