lib edit --enable-widec option breaks tab-completion

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 20:37:10 PDT 2014

On Oct 26, 2014, at 6:07 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

>>> Sure, whatever works best for that program.
>>>
>>> The obvious concern would be: does that impeded the program's ability to process UTF-8 input?
>>
>> I think it uses the standard ASCII character set, but I'll check.
>
> Well libedit and libreadline are used in the process of acquiring user input. Can you guarantee that the user will only input ASCII characters? What happens if the user inputs other characters?

The basic characters which are used to build REDUCE symbols are the following:

	• The 26 letters a through z
	• The 10 decimal digits 0 through 9
	• The special characters _ ! " $ % ' ( ) ⋆ + , - . / : ; < > = { }⟨blank⟩

I'm not sure if it will let you enter anything other than above. I guess I could test this.

Mark