[127393] trunk/dports/lang/gcc46

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Sun Oct 26 23:09:56 PDT 2014

On Oct 27, 2014, at 1:53 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

>> On Oct 27, 2014, at 12:38 AM, larryv at macports.org wrote:
>>
>> Revision
>> 127393
>> Author
>> larryv at macports.org
>> Date
>> 2014-10-26 22:38:40 -0700 (Sun, 26 Oct 2014)
>> Log Message
>>
>> gcc46: Fix builds on Yosemite
>
> Thanks for doing these, Larry.

No problem, although I'll probably be changing my tune as I get to the older GCCs :-/

>> Two birds with one stone:
>> - Backport upstream's fixed OS version check (#43978).
>> - Fix incorrect symbol lookup due to the Libtool
>>  MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET bug (#44596 and #45483).
>
> Doesn't it need a revision increase, like was done for gcc47 and up?

I don't think so because these problems only affect Yosemite, and gcc46 didn't build successfully on Yosemite until this revision. I revbumped gcc47 and up because they'd had the version checking fix applied before the symbol lookup fix, and in the interim Yosemite users could have ended up with broken installations.

vq