unsigned kexts on Yosemite

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Oct 28 17:43:22 PDT 2014

On 2014-10-28 00:50 , Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> +1 I think Landon's plan seems reasonable (try to get a signing cert - even though we probably won't get one, use the nvram check to print information that helps our users, possibly use developer-signed kexts).

So, practical steps:

1. Add notes to affected ports on darwin >= 14. This could just be one
sentence and a link to a wiki page that explains the situation in detail.

2. Ask for a cert we can use on the buildslaves.

3. (longer term) Everyone file radars asking for a way for a Mac's admin
to self-sign or whitelist kexts. The aforementioned wiki page could even
encourage this.

- Josh