Configuration and environment check command (was: Re: [124047] trunk/base)

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 17:39:02 PDT 2014

On 05/09/2014, at 10:20 AM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> On Sep 4, 2014, at 8:04 PM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So why not "checkself"?  Cheers, Ian W.
>
> Because it's not "updateself", it's "selfupdate".

Well, I was also going to suggest "updateself"… : -)  the logic being that "port"
commands usually follow the sequence "port <do-something> <to-something>",
but I realise "selfupdate" is deeply entrenched…

I suggested "checkself" because someone, IIRC, did not want to have to type
as far as the "u" if they required "selfupdate".

Cheers, Ian W.